SchoolChalao

  • Helpline: +91-8058868746
  • Mail us: help@schoolchalao.com
  • LOGIN | REGISTER
    Tutorial Library

Learning Point

About Internet

Previous Next

1. The first tweet was sent on March 21, 2006 by Jack Dorsey:

2. Mark Zuckerberg’s original Facebook profile number ID is 4.

3. The first YouTube video was uploaded April 23, 2005. It’s called “Me at the zoo,” and features Jawed Karim, one of the founders, at the San Diego Zoo.

4. A single Google query uses 1,000 computers in 0.2 seconds to retrieve an answer.

5. 16% to 20% of the searches Google gets each day have never been Google before.

6. Twitter has 250 million users.

7. Chinese social network Sina Weibo has 280.8 million users.

8. 500 million tweets are sent every day.

9. The most expensive keyword for Google AdWords is “insurance.” The GIF format was invented by Steve Wilke, an engineer at Compuserve in 1987.

10. Facebook has an estimated 1.2 Billion active users. 

11. The first ever email was sent in 1971 by Ray Tomilinson, the US programmer who invented the email system. 

12. Garfield the cartoon cat once offered a free email service. 

13. The first ever webcam was deployed at Cambridge University computer lab. No, it wasn’t to Skype or Facetime. It was used to watch a pot of coffee.

14. It’s estimated that 80% of all images on the Internet are of naked women. I spent a few hours trying to verify this statistic. I think the remaining 20% are of cats.

15. The most popular Tumblr is the official updates page for Minecraft.

16. The world record for fastest texter is held by a Brazilian teenager.

17. It took only 5 years for the internet to reach a market audience of 50 million users.

18. This is the NeXT computer that Tim Berners-Lee used to create the World Wide Web.

Very Useful (0)

Useful (0)

Not Useful (0)